Before we left Jake and April's family showed up. Crew and Dallin picked up right where they left off the time before. We ate dinner, checked the weather again, said our farewells, and we were on our way at 6:30 pm. Unfortunately we had to drive to Salt Lake to catch our flight. It was way too expensive to fly out of my parents home town.
It was exciting to meet up with Abe's cousin and his wife, Scott and Heather, so we could see their beautiful home that is almost done being built. We said more goodbyes and we went to check-in at the airport. We got there early to deal with any unexpected hiccups and we zoomed through everything. No lines and not very many people in the airport.
Abe and I watched a couple of "Bones" and tried to pass the time until our 12:45 am flight. We got a little bit of sleep on the plane, but it wasn't fabulous. I felt like I kept on getting woken up by the stewardess asking if I needed anything. Yes, sleep! We then waited at the Atlanta airport for our connecting flight. The flight was delayed one hour and then 5 minutes later we were told it was back on schedule, which meant we had to board the plane immediately. When we finally took off it was almost an hour later anyway.
Landing in Florida was glorious. The humidity, the warm air, the smell of the ocean, and most importantly we had made it!
A quick taxi ride later we pulled up to the docks. It was my first experience seeing a cruise ship up close, and I was not disappointed. Again the lines were short and it was a very quick check-in through customs and getting our ship cards. We called our family one last time, Abe checked in with his hay business, and we shut off our phones to begin our 8 night cruise.
We were in desperate need of sleep, but it was 11:00 am and the rooms are not ready until 1:00 pm. The next thing on our list of needs was food. We grabbed some food and watched the world from the windows and started to relax. After eating we had to kill some more time. We wandered around on the decks and enjoyed the scenery. Finally 1 o'clock came and we beelined for our room, on deck 10, for a nap. It was glorious. It was pitch black, cool, and highly needed.
We set an alarm to make sure we wouldn't miss our departure and it is a good thing we did. After freshening up we headed back up onto the decks to observe with everyone else. Abe and I both were extremely startled when the ship blew it's horn! It is very low and rumbled through my entire body!
Soon it was time for dinner, and I was very excited to meet new people, and Abe was very excited for the food. His excitement was well rewarded. For our main course Abe had prime rib and I had a pork chop that had an orange sauce glaze. Divine! The other two couples were very kind but we knew that our table wouldn't be the same the next night because one of the couples had been separated from their family's table.
Sadly I couldn't gather enough energy to do anything the first night. After a quick walk around deck 4 and 5, we decided we needed to go to sleep. I am pretty sure it was about 8:30 pm and we zonked out!
No comments:
Post a Comment