Tuesday, January 31, 2017

12 Weeks 6 Days

Today I saw my oncologist and my perinatologist. It was a full and busy day, but Abe was there to enjoy it with me. 

We received the best reaction at the oncologist office. After having my pokes and pushes in undesirable places, Dr Lim came in and was giving high fives all around. Several others that have helped us through this journey were also there to celebrate and give their congratulations. (They were probably just excited that I was there because I bring cookies every time.) In a place that can have it's share of bad news given, it sure it great to share good news and happiness. He gave me instructions that he didn't want to see me for 6 months, and when having ultrasounds done to also have them look around a bit.

Even if the staff at the perinatologist office wasn't as excited, we were thrilled to see baby Pepper (womb nickname) is still growing as he should. Yep, he had what was pretty clearly boys parts. Even this early. I do know they look similar at this stage, but the angle of everything indicated that it's most likely a boy. We will wait to be sure at 20 weeks, but I feel pretty confident.  






No comments: