Friday, February 22, 2013

Crew's Friend Birthday Party

We decided to throw Crew a party with his friends. Most of his friends don't live on a farm so we though we would have them join in on some of Crew's favorite activities.
Everyone came prepared with their helmets and most of the children were ready to ride a four wheeler. 

Shayna, Talon

Crew

Zachary

B

Carrie, Chloe

Emmit 

This kid gave me many different faces as I was trying to get Crew to look at the camera. I laughed aloud as I went through them.
 Some pregnant moms or moms with hesitant kids stayed behind. Abe filled in and we had enough adults to go check out the cows and calves. The drive was a little chilly but the excitement of seeing the calves run was worth it.


When we got back I was excited to take pictures with this little set up. Crew had insisted that he wanted it when we were picking up party stuff. I thought it was goofy and would be fun. My goodness those kids didn't want much to do with it! Especially Crew!! Thankfully Shayna got in there and showed the kids how to do it.

Shayna
Zachary

Chloe


Emmit
 Next we had a little activity table. I had found some fun foam stickers with farm animals, barns, and tractors. We cut it short and just sent bags of stickers home with everyone because it was a little cold and I wanted to stay within my hour and a half time frame.


The cupcakes were a hit. I did a seven minute frosting and it was enjoyed by everyone.







Crew didn't know how to feel about having all eyes on him as he was opening presents. It only took one present and the help of B to get him into it. The gifts were all unexpected and greatly appreciated!



Emmit (far left) and Crew are second cousins.  I think this experience showed how related they are!


 We wrapped things up and the kids were allowed to get into some of the tractors if they wanted to.







What great friends Crew and I both have. I know I felt very supported and loved by those that came to join us in celebrating Crew's birthday . . . even if it was a bit chilly! Everyone knew what Crew loves and gave him wonderful gifts.

Sawyer missed all of the action. I was worried that he was going to be grouchy after having his shots the day before, but he proved me wrong. He took a 3.5 hour nap and was a joy all day!

3 comments:

Avrey &Cody Hendrix said...

Darling party! I bet the kids were in 7th heaven!! FUN! Darling cupcake toppers!

The NV Mingays said...

Great pictures Lindsey! It was a fun party and B is playing with the bubbles as I type. :)

Shay said...

That was such a fun party! I love all the pictures you captured! Happy Birthday Crew!