Thursday, April 23, 2015

Vacation: Day 7

 Today we didn't get to Haiti, until about 10 am. That means I slept in a little, went to workout, and then watched the slow and precise docking of our ship. It's pretty insane how they can park such a massive ship!

Last year we came to Haiti and spent most or our time on one side of the island. This time we opted for the opposite side. It is a much softer beach, but more people. I think the beach with the zip lines also had more wind.

There was a tree that smelled so delicious as we walked under it! I want a tree like this in my yard. It's hard to tell, but it was covered in white blossoms.

The whole day we relaxed on the beach and swam in the ocean. I snorkeled for awhile, and then we grabbed some lunch. It is so nice that they provide lunch on the beach! We bumped into Steve and Sheila and hung out with them for a couple of hours. I taught Sheila how to float on her back and we all got a good laugh from that! Good thing the ocean helps buoy me up, because I probably would have drowned in fresh water laughing so hard while treading water.

We didn't get back onto the ship until it was almost time to depart. We had to quickly get ready for formal night! For all of our meals Abe and I have definitely had a more relaxed ward robe, and for me make up, routine. That is what happens when I pack for over a week in a carry on bag, and I had to fit my temple clothes and my snorkel gear. Not a lot of room left for clothing!! But the easy of travel has been worth it!

After dinner we went to the show and then later the game quest. It was a fun and late night.
















No comments: