The morning of December 5th, I knew it was time to test. But I also had delayed a few days because I didn't want to be let down. This was a big deal. Our days of trying and testing I thought were over. I had had cancer, our family was to stay at 4, and that is what we would know. However, after being approved by my oncologist in September, we felt good about giving ourselves a year to see if we could grow our family.
After taking the test I busied myself throwing away my garbage, and changing the trash can, all while the test did it's thing. Meanwhile Abe was waiting patiently outside the bathroom for his turn, not knowing what I was up to. (One bathroom household problems) Not able to wait any longer he peaked through the crack in the door, at the same time I glanced at a positive pregnancy test. Queue the most immediate ugly cry of all. Abe thought something was terribly wrong and not being able to say anything, I showed him the test through my sobs. He too was overwhelmed and we embraced for what seemed like forever or at least until the boys were wondering why Mom and Dad were just hugging in the bathroom and Mom looked like a hot mess.
It seems surreal. Although, the initial intense appetite and heartburn, and now the constant morning sickness have made it a little more real. Today we had an ultrasound and my first appointment with a new OB/GYN. It went well. We saw our little "Pepper" and she has orders for me to also see a perinatologist until my 20th week.

1 comment:
YAY!!! Congrats to all of you! So happy for you Lindsey! Love from WA~
Post a Comment