We got up, hooked up the trailer, Abe pulled someone out, we got out without getting stuck, and we were off to church! Thankfully my Dad had made a delicious cobbler a few nights before and we had taken the warm leftovers to our camp neighbors. I had chatted and mentioned that we were a little nervous about getting stuck on Sunday. Well, kind acts can go a long way! Everyone got up and moved their vehicles out of the way for us to plow through! We then gave them all of our leftover fire wood. They told us to come back and join them next year.
We made it to church just as they were singing and we were able to sneak in by Grandma and Grandpa. The ward was so tiny! As soon as sacrament was over the bishop was down asking if we were all new to the area. I bet they would have been excited for more kids since I think I counted maybe 5!
I then pulled out sandwich making material and we all made our lunches to go. My parents headed out to Crater Lake and we went to the dump station before heading towards home. Luckily the fires were under control so we could go the shorter route.
| The boys were tickled to have their new ctr rings from their grandparents! |
| Mt Shasta. We were at 3,000 ft and Mt Shasta's peak is 14,000. It was huge! |
| This was one long road! It was straight but went up and down. |
We made it home in about 10 hours. Pretty good time! Camille and Gregg made it home earlier in the day and my parents finished the drive the next day. It was a great adventure and I loved every minute of it!! I can't wait for our next family adventure!!
2 comments:
Thank you for sharing your vacation with us. Thank you for taking such good care of us. I loved being with the boys.
Thank you for sharing your adventure with us too!!!! We had a blast. My vote is Lincoln City next time and we rent a really old beach house.
Post a Comment