We had another sit down dinner for our ward Christmas party. Oddly, the turn out was the lowest I have seen in years! But, I will still thrilled to watch Crew in the pageant. Crew played the part of a Nephite and said, "Look there! It is just as Samuel prophesied. A great star!"
He was a mix of excited and nervous! When the time came to put on his outfit he was hanging pretty close to me and giving me the silliest of grins. He was also at full attention when they were giving their instructions.
After the first song Crew stood for his part. He then began to recite his primary program, "John 3:16." This is a very acceptable scripture to the nativity, but he soon corrected himself to the original part. (I may have let out a slightly audibly strained "nope")
The shepherds were out of control! They were in full combat at several points! In fact, they were trying to beat down the star near the end. But it helped fill the space in which some kids struggled with their part.
Next up was Santa. Crew was grinning and blushing all at the same time. But, when it got down to business, he was very serious about what he wanted for Christmas.
Where was Sawyer for all of this? He was sad he didn't get to participate in the program, enjoyed hanging out with his Dad, and was thrilled to show Santa his play frog.
I was asked to photograph the kids with Santa, and snapped a few during the nativity. This left Abe to watch after the boys after the dinner portion of the evening. Then I stayed to practice with Kim and Lisa for a musical piece in church tomorrow: "Away In a Manger." It is a beautiful arrangement.















1 comment:
These photos are so sweet. You captured your boys' personalities so well.
Post a Comment